The following responses were received from candidates running for City Judge City Court, City of Slidell:
Dandrea McMooain Chatman – no response
Tracey Turgeau Powell
Submitted to candidates by the League of Women Voters of St. Tammany:
1. Describe your prior court experience as a practicing attorney or government office holder, including any civil and criminal court trials, the number of jury and judge trials, and your record for settlements and plea bargains.
2. Will you maintain a private law practice if elected? If so, what type of cases will you take?
3. Please describe your management and budget experience. How many and what types of employees have you supervised?
4. What are your beliefs regarding alternative sentences for non-violent offenders, juveniles, and people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, or drug addiction?
5. The City Court is funded primarily by court cost assessments and other fees for services. Does this represent a conflict of interest? Should other sources of funding be sought, and, if so, what sources would you explore?