Abita Springs is my home. My family lives here. I want to give back to the community that raised me. I also would like to have the opportunity to complete the important pending projects that I have in motion.
1) Fight against Fracking
2) Beginning the Sewer Project
3) Ordinance to Inspect & Permit Private Sewer Systems
1) To continue to reorganize the Administration and Public Works Departments to operate more efficiently.
2) To overlay streets that need of overlaying.
3) Bring in much needed businesses.
4) Locate and define areas that could be used to create extra parking.
5) Enhance the Historic and Cultural District to bring in more visitors.
1) Sewer Project – Defined the project, sought funding and began the implementation of the project.
2) Overlay project – Bonded out and coordinated streets to be done. Completed 20% of the streets in town.
3) Town Hall & Pavilion– Coordinated renovation of both Historic buildings.
1) Sewer Project– Multi-Year implementation sewer repair, sleeving, lift station, GIS Utility System, Fault Reporting System
2) Energy Sustainability– Solar Panels for town buildings – where applicable and financially feasible.
3) 1 Mil Street Overlay 2020 – Retain the funding, define the streets to be done and implementation of the project,
1) Term Limits for Mayor
2) Stagger the Mayor and Alderman Terms
3) Revise the Land Use Ordinance (PUD/Subdivision)
4) Commercial approved businesses
1) Economic Development– To bring much needed businesses and serves to the periphery. Preserve the downtown and residential areas.
2) Sewer Project– Complete this project which will affect the quality of life for the entire community.
3) Harrison Extension– Work towards completion of the Harrison Extension. It will give the town an east to west corridor. This will divert traffic from traveling into town to go from the east to the west.
1) Moratorium on PUD’s– The ordinance needs to be reviewed with citizen input. The ordinance should be developed in coordination with the Master Plan.
2) Street Lights– An ordinance specifying the use of Night Sky Lights, which are more efficient and more effective than the ones in current use.
3) Historic Guidelines– Development of an Ordinance for the Historic Guidelines. This will allow for enforcement of the guidelines.
1) Economic Development– Seek out and promote new businesses in Abita Springs. This will offer Sales Tax Revenue and draw people into our community.
2) Growth Management Areas– Annexation of property on periphery of town limits. This will gain Sales Tax from areas on the out skirts of town.
3) Harrison Extension– Completion of the east – west corridor. This will add to our Sales Tax Revenue from citizenry and others traveling on the by-pass of the heart of town.
1) Actively recruit and implement state and federal grants.
2) Continue to revise our financial system to avoid waste and ineffectiveness. To have it readily viewable.
3) Place solar panels on Town Hall and other Town Buildings.
4) Cemetery enhancements.
5) Additional parking in the historic downtown area.
6) Continue to work a systemic plan to reduce mis-reads.
7) Analyze and purchase appropriate equipment to reduce our Public Works costs.
1) Master Plan– This will serve to accomplish the future developments and growth, such as the PUD/Subdivision uses, commercial use and other smaller developments
1) To be professionally led.
2) Have citizenry involvement.
3) Stakeholders input.
4) An advisory committee be created to look at the Ordinances that deal with zoning and land uses for our commercial areas.
1) Totally against Fracking.
2) Have taken the lead of fighting Fracking Wells and have taken them to court at the Local, State and Federal levels. Continue to monitor the proposed fracking site.
3) Other important issues are the clean drinking water. We have implemented Well-Head protection and have educated the public on the importance of clean drinking water
1) Clean Air and Clean Water
2) Protection of our Tree Canopy
I am a Part Time Mayor that works Full Time, to better serve the citizenry of Abita Springs. My prior employment experience has offered me the opportunity to bring a business-like atmosphere and offering of more professionalism to the town employees. I was born and raised in Abita Springs. I have lived all over the United States and other countries but chose to return to my hometown to retire. My heart and soul are in this town and I have a strong desire to give back to the community where I grew up.