The following responses were received from candidates running for Division J, 22nd Judicial District Judge in St. Tammany Parish:
Submitted to all candidates running in a contested race by the League of Women Voters of St. Tammany Parish:
1. Describe your prior court experience as a practicing attorney or government office holder, including any civil and criminal court trials, the number of jury and judge trials, and your record for settlements and plea bargains?
2. Will you maintain a private law practice if elected? If so, what type of cases will you take?
3. Please describe your management and budget experience. How many and what types of employees have you supervised?
4. What are your beliefs regarding alternative sentences for non-violent offenders, juveniles, and people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, or drug addiction?
5. It has been said that Justice is Blind. Today, many people do not believe that this is true and that justice is not color blind. How will you ensure fairness for all regardless of race or ethnicity?