Skip to content
Questions & Answers:
The following questions were submitted to candidates running for the Board of Aldermen in Abita Springs:
(Candidate Bios and Q&A’s are linked below)
- Why do you want to continue as an Alderman in Abita Springs?
- What three accomplishments in your current term as Alderman are you most proud of?
- Why do you want to be an Alderman in Abita Springs?
- What three accomplishments in your personal, political, or professional career are you most proud of?
ALL ALDERMEN CANDIDATES
- What is your vision for Abita Springs at the end of your four-year term? What will you do to improve and enhance the quality of life for Abita Springs’ residents, businesses, and visitors?
- List several projects in which you have had significant impact and how you affected the outcome.
- Please rank your top three priorities for this new term and outline your plan for implementing these priorities.
- What changes, if any, do you support regarding new rules, procedures, or ordinances and why?
- Other than raising property millage rates, what plans, if any, do you have to increase town revenues in ways that are consistent with economic growth and a healthy, prosperous, livable, and safe community?
- What changes, if any, will you recommend to the Mayor and other Aldermen that may reduce expenses while maintaining or enhancing the quality of life in Abita Springs?
- Do you have any recommendations for changes or modifications to current zoning and planning laws and decisions that will ensure that as the town grows our cultural and historical significance will not be compromised?
- What are your thoughts and plans in the Development of a Master Plan?
- What environmental issues do you consider important to Abita Springs?
- What else would you like to share with voters to help them make their decision?
The following responses have been received by the League of Women Voters of St. Tammany: